Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Dc
I loved to go to the Smithsonians in DC. They were fun because of all the hands on things. I liked going to the Lincoln memorial because it was very bright. Normally the reflecting pool is dark at night but it was bright because a movie was being filmed there. We saw the movie being filmed also when we were driving. Gettysburg was very long. Our tour guide there was funny. He made us act out dying on the battlefield. Williamsburg was also fun because there was a spinning wheel there. My family has a spinning wheel that has been passed down for two hundred years. My first time on the subway was very fun. It was different then what I expected. DC was a very fun trip that I will never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mrs. H says to add more. The hands on things were fun in the Air and Space museum. There was a ball that was blasted with air and looked like it was floating. We could play with the ball and we could throw it up and it would go very high.
ReplyDeleteThe Natural History had the hope diamond in it. It was huge. There was also a dinosour exibit that we saw and there was a dinosour that was huge. IT was a T-rex and it looked very cool.
Getttysburg was fun too. IT as scary because knowing how many people died there it was so calm now. In Devil's Den there is a famouse photography spot that people use to snipe from. One person took a picture that died there and he had the wrong gun for the person so it is a common picture used for the civil war even though it is wrong.
Williamsburg was great with the candlelight tour. I was very tired that day but the guns being fired woke me up. IT was very interesting to know that one person could preach to fifteen thousand people.
The Capitol was very cool. The dome was painted on the inside. The Supreme court was very cool too. The White House was amazing. The day we went there it turned pink at night in support of cancer. We did not see it pink but we were close. There was a protestor outside the White House.
I will always remeber DC because of Gettysburg and the Air and Space. I will never forget these two places.